Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Ever After

I used to believe in fairy tales. It's true. I used to believe that there existed places where yes, bad things did happen. Like evil step mothers and being locked away in castles. However at the end of the story good conquered evil. No, it was so much more than that. Love conquered evil. Yet as I got older that belief of mine began to fade. Life kept showing me how cruel the world is. This notion of love prevailing was simply just a fantasy. A fashioned notion that we seek but are unable to attain.

I can't tell if my days are getting longer or shorter. Things are very difficult right now. I feel like I'm fighting a war with no army. I need someone to bounce my thoughts off. Funny how things turn out. You think you'll always have certain people but then one day you realize you're on your own. It really is sink or swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment