Saturday, July 7, 2012

I was happy once. Probably happier than I have ever been before. I allowed myself to open my heart up. I allowed myself to be vulnerable and to trust and give everything I had. A lot of people had their opinions and I didn't listen. I made the decision for myself and went for it. Then there I was completely swept away. Details aside, I saw everything. I had everything. Was it perfect? Of course not. But nothing ever is and love is finding beauty in all those imperfections that drive you crazy and loving through them. I've always been willing to do that. Then out of nowhere my world came crashing down. As hard as I try I can't recover.

Memories. Looking through old pictures and that's all they are. It's only been a little over a month and so much in me has changed. I was burned and the fire reached my heart and engulfed it. I'm someone who can't feel what I used to.

It's just music on a CD. Great music. Beautiful music. I love it. But you aren't singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment